- Curved and dimpled front face
- 0.02″ taller than MIL-SPEC options
- MIL-SPEC through-hole for standard magazine catches
- Minimal protrusion over the fence on most forged receivers
- Heavy duty 4140 chrome moly steel construction
- Tough salt bath nitride finish
Many aftermarket magazine releases are massive, gaudy hunks of aluminum designed with nothing but speed in mind. These over-sized release buttons protrude well past the protective magazine release fence that is an integral safety component on forged lower receivers, designed to prevent accidental bumps dropping the magazine when you least want it to. This is especially a problem since it takes a scant 0.06″ of travel to release your magazine. The EMR was designed from the ground up to provide a fast and reliable activation thanks to its self-centering curved design and horizontal serrations, without risking accidental magazine drops.
Forward Controls Design firmly believes in the elegance of simplicity. Not content to produce purely aesthetic components, they put function before form to create parts and accessories that actually improve the handling and function of your firearms. When you need parts that just work without complication, you need Forward Controls Design.